To be a center of excellence for development and dissemination of knowledge in computer applications for the nation and beyond.
Department of Computer Applications is committed to:
Post Graduates of Computer Applications will be:
1. Apply computing and mathematical knowledge to identify, formulate, design, implement and develop software solutions for problems across a broad range of application domains.
2. Communicate effectively as an individual and also as a leader in diverse groups and in multi-disciplinary setting.
3. Develop the professional ethics in work and realize the role of self in the development of society with a strive for independent and life-long learning in the broadest context ever-flourishing technological changes.
Post Graduates will be able to:
1. Computational Knowledge: Apply knowledge of computing fundamentals, computing specialization, mathematics, and domain knowledge appropriate for the computing specialization to the abstraction and conceptualization of computing models from defined problems and requirements.
2. Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, research literature, and solve complex computing problems reaching substantiated conclusions using fundamental principles of mathematics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
3. Design/Development of Solutions: Design and evaluate solutions for complex computing problems, and design and evaluate systems, components, or processes that meet specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct Investigations of Complex Computing Problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern Tool usage: Create, select, adapt and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern computing tools to complex computing activities, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Identify a timely opportunity and using innovation to pursue that opportunity to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
7. Societal and Environmental Concern: Understand and assess societal, environmental, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues within local and global contexts, and the consequential responsibilities relevant to professional computing practices.
8. Professional Ethics: Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practices.
9. Individual and Team Work: Function effectively as an individual and as a member or leader in diverse teams and in multidisciplinary environments.
10. Communication Efficacy: Communicate effectively with the computing community, and with society at large, about complex computing activities by being able to comprehend and write effective reports, design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and understand clear instructions.
11. Project Management and Finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the computing and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long Learning: Recognize the need, and have the ability, to engage in independent learning for continual development as a computing professional.
Post Graduates will be able to:
1. Understand, analyze and develop computer applications in the areas related to Cloud Computing, web design, big data analytics, mobile communication, Internet of Things, data mining and networking.
2. Apply standard Software Engineering practices and strategies in software project development using open-source programming environment to deliver a quality product.